Steps To Root Tecno Camon C9
As we all know that Android smartphones running on Marshmallow are very hard to root. These smartphones also prove stubborn to be rooted by the latest version of Kingroot v4.9.5.
Team Hovatek has been helping these smartphones users by providing steps to successfully root their stubborn smartphones. Tecno Camon C9 that was launched recently also proves stubborn to root. As usual Team Hovatek has provided steps to root this device. Kindly follow the steps carefully.
STEPS TO ROOT TECNO CAMON C9
1. Copy the downloaded Super SU to both internal storage of your phone and SD card.
2. Extract and copy the CWM recovery.img into the same folder as the fastboot.exe and adb.exe
3. Unlock Tecno Camon C9 bootloader by following the steps here
4. Connect the phone to your PC via USB cord while switched ON and boot it into Fastboot (as instructed in the Bootloader unlock guide)
5. The moment your device enters fast boot, flash the recovery.img to the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter fastboot
flash recovery recovery.img
6. Reboot the phone by typing the command below then pressing Enter
7. Boot the phone into recovery mode by switching off and using Volume up button + Power button
8. Once you enter recovery mode, use the volume button to move up and down
9. Scroll down to Install zip and select it
10. Select Choose zip from /storage/sdcard1
11. Navigate to the location of SuperSu.zip and select it
12. Select Yes – Install SuperSU to confirm flashing
Wait till the flashing is complete…
13. Return to the home screen (using the back option) then select Reboot
If CWM offers to fix some errors, select No.
HOW CAN I VERIFY MY ANDROID HAS BEEN ROOTED?
To verify that your Android smartphone is successfully rooted, kindly go to Playstore and download root checker. Install it and run it and you should get a success message (a green mark)
Kindly comment below if it successfully roots your Camon C9.