Jamb Profile: How To Create Your Jamb Profile On Jamb Portal
Jamb profile creation
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board, JAMB portal has been updated and it is now mandatory for all candidates to create Profile on the Jamb website before they can participate in the 2017 UTME.
When you create your profile on Jamb portal, you can check your Jamb result when it is out, print out your result, admission letter, etc.
How To Create Your Jamb profile -Jamb 2018
There are three options to create your Jamb profile for Jamb 2018 and I will explain all.
- Through Jamb website.
- Sending SMS/Text Message
- Using Jamb Android Application.
Creating Jamb 2018 Profile Directly In Jamb Website
Now that you know what Jamb profile is all about, the following steps will help you create Jamb profile successful.
- Visit the Jamb Official website using this link
- Close to the Post registration facility, you will see a button to login.
- Click on login.
- A new page will open.
- Click on the create new account button to begin your Jamb profile creation.
- You will be required to verify your email. See the screenshot below:
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop down menu. E.g, what is the name of your first boy friend.
- In the last two spaces (Secret question answer), enter the same answer. If your first boyfriend is/was Isaac, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your Jamb profile.
- Log in to your email and confirm it. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive.
- Click on the link that Jamb will send to you to continue the registration.
- After that, you will be required to fill in the following details: Name, surname, email, password and date if birth….
- If you don’t have an email yet, create an email account here now in two minutes.
- Then create the account.
- After the account creation, login to view your Jamb Profile.
- Begin to observe the profile
Creating Jamb Profile Using SMS
Profile Creation from Home by Candidates Using Cellphones – Text (SMS):
1. Sends his/her Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019
2. One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only
3. A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
PROFILE SELF HELP IN CASE OF MISTAKE / LOSS:
To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019 .
Important Notice On 2018 Jamb Profile Creation:
- If you are to create this profile, I advise you use High END mobile phone or a COMPUTER SYSTEM to do so.
- If you would like to use your mobile device, please DO NOT USE OPERA MINI. Sometimes mobile opera mini doesn’t load the local government area and other fields.
- If you have used opera mini already and it worked for you, then you are good to go.
- Make sure you login to your profile to ensure there is no mistake before you proceed to get the E-pin. This is very important.
- If you have made a mistake already, click here to correct it.
- Ensure to use the same email used to create your profile in getting the Jamb E-PIN.
- Enter your surname and other names correctly.
- It is advisable you create your profile yourself or be 100% present during the process.
- If you are to pay someone for it, pay less than #500.
Jamb profile will still be relevant in Jamb 2018, 2019,2020 and so on. You have to be used to the system.
Jamb Profile is the current trend in Jamb registration.
Ever since the last CBT Upgrade that happened around 2014, a lot of changes has been introduced into the Joint Admission And Matriculation Board’s mode of Operation.
There are many other things you can do with your Jamb account which I will be listing in this same article, to make it simple for you to digest, I will add pictures to my explanations. Are you ready? Let’s go…..
10 Things You Can Do With Your Jamb Profile
Why Jamb profile for Jamb registration? That question is about to be answered right now.
You don’t have to pay anybody for anything. You can do a couple of things for yourself and by yourself using your Profile for Jamb. See them below:
Now, when you login to your Jamb account, you will see the following Options.
- My Profile.
- Print Mock Examination Slip.
- Register For Utme.
- Utme Registration Data Correction.
- Register For Direct Entry.
- Print Result Slip.
- Admission Letter.
- Check Admission Status.
- Regularize Admission And
- My Payments.
I will try to break this down one after the other.
1. My Profile
Under here, you can change your password and upload documents to your Jamb account.
2. Print Mock Result Slip
Jamb recently introduce optional mock examination into it’s system. If you have written Jamb mock examination and wants to print out your result, this option is for you.
3. Register For UTME Examination
Like I said earlier, you can no longer register for Jamb until you create a profile. This option helps you to do Jamb UTME registration.
4. UTME Registration Data Correction
I made a mistake in my Jamb profile, how do I correct it? This has been a trending question since the introduction of Jamb profile.
For different reasons, candidates make mistakes in Jamb profile. You can correct it here.
5. Register For Direct Entry
This option is for those who want to gain admission via Jamb direct entry. You can register for Jamb direct entry here.
6. Print Result Slip
Jamb results will soon be released. Here, you can check and print your result.
All that is required is that you provide your exam year and registration number.
7. Admission Letter
To proceed for University clearance, you need to print out your Jamb admission letter. It can be done right here.
8. Check Admission Status
This option enables you to check whether you are offered admission or not.
9. Regularize Admission.
Here, you can check and regularize your admission.
10. My Payments
Under my payments, you can make payments and as well check the successful payments you have made so far.
Now, you may be wondering, how do I start doing all these with my Jamb profile? See the full guide below.
How To Start Using Your Jamb Profile
To be able to do all that I explained above with your Jamb profile, all you need to do is login to your account.
It is very easy to login and use your Jamb account. Just follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on data connection on your Phone Or PC And Ensure that you are on subscription.
- Visit Jamb official website by clicking here.
- Enter the email you used to create your profile in the space provided.
- Enter your password in the second Space.
- Click on login.
- Done! You can now begin to explore your Jamb profile.
Helpful, right? [jpshare]
Incoming searches: Jamb profile 2018, Jamb profile, how to open jamb profile 2018, jamb profile creation