Finally the University of Nigeria, Nsukka UNN postgraduate programmes admission application form 2017/2018 now on sale.
University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) informs the general public, about her Postgraduate Programmes for the 2017/2018 academic year. Qualified candidates are now eligible to submit applications for admission into full-time, part-time and sandwich postgraduate programmes in various Faculties, Institutes and Centres for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Note==> Candidates on full-time employment are not eligible to apply for full-time studies
UNN POSTGRADUATE ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates for admission into any postgraduate programme of the University must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE or NECO including English Language. Candidates shall also possess the minimum entry requirements for admission into the first degree and Postgraduate programmes in their areas of interest for postgraduate studies. For the PGD in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Architecture, only candidates with University degrees in relevant areas need apply.
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or other recognized Universities who possess the above qualifications are eligible to apply.
UNN ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSTGRADUATE DIPLOMA PROGRAMMES.
- Holders of Credit (Upper credit) level passes at HND or its equivalent in relevant areas (for programmes in the Faculties of Agriculture and Business Administration; the Departments of Political Science, Public Administration & Local Government; and Vocational Teacher Education); and for Postgraduate Diploma in Electoral Administration Programme.). Qualifications such as AIB, ACCA, ACMA, ICAN, BEEC, CPA, etc may also be considered for admission.
- Candidates with professional qualifications including HND must have obtained 5 credits in WASC or GCE O/L including English and Mathematics for admission into degree courses in Business Administration.
- For Postgraduate Diploma in Geoinformatics & Surveying in particular, candidates with third class honours degrees in Geography, Geology and other Physical Sciences, HND Upper Credit level passes in related fields, are also eligible.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above which are acceptable to the Board of the School of Postgraduate Studies and Senate of the University, may also be considered for admission.
UNN ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR MASTER’S DEGREE PROGRAMMES.
The following shall qualify for Master’s Degree admission:
- Graduates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized universities who have obtained the Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines with at least a second class honours with not less than 2.50 GPA;
- Candidates with relevant Postgraduate Diplomas from the University of Nigeria or any other recognized university with at least credit level passes with a minimum GPA of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or 3.0 on 4-point scale;
- Candidates whose first degrees are unclassified but have scores of 50% or above;
- For M.Ed. degree programmes, candidates with at least a good second class single honours degree in teaching subjects plus at least a merit level pass at Postgraduate Diploma in Education, or those who hold a third class honours degree in teaching subjects plus Postgraduate Diploma in Education passed at credit level or above;
- For MPA degree programme, candidates should, in addition to (i) and (ii) above, be serving administrative/managerial staff in the Public or Private sector with a at least two years post-qualification cognate experience;
- Holders of professional Fellowship qualifications such a FIMLT, FNILT, NIPR, or their equivalents obtained through examination. However, candidates with the professional certificates listed above must have worked as Senior Technologist(s) or in equivalent position(s) for at least three years;
- For MPH degree programme, candidates should in addition to (i) above, have at least three years relevant post qualification experience or at least a Second Class Honours degree in Nursing Sciences, Sociology and Social Work, Psychology, Medical Mircobiology, Medical Biochemistry, Medical Laboratory Sciences, Health Education, Pharmacy, DVM, MBBS and BDS. For MPH Degree Programe, the Department will screen the candidates further and base their recommendation on such screening result.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than those listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University of Nigeria.
UNN ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR DOCTORATE DEGREE (PH.D.) PROGRAMMES.
The following shall qualify for the Doctorate Degree admission:
(a) Candidates of the University of Nigeria or of other recognized Universities who have obtained the Master’s degree appropriate for the proposed areas of study with a minimum of 3.50 grade point average on a 5-point scale, 3.00 point on a 4-point scale or ‘B’ 60% average provided that satisfactory research work formed part of the Master’s degree programme.
(b) Demonstrated evidence of completed academic research will be an advantage.
UNN ADMISSION GENERAL ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS FOR MASTER’S/PH.D. PROGRAMMES.
(a) A candidate with first class honours Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University may be admitted into a Master’s/Ph.D. degree programme.
(b) A candidate with Master’s degree from the University of Nigeria or other recognized University with a grade point average of 3.50 on 5-point scale or 3.00 on 4-point scale shall qualify for the Master’s/Ph.D. or Ph.D., i.e. 60% score. Any candidate who is not qualified for Ph.D. programme on account of low GPA would not qualify for Masters/Ph.D. programme.
⇒METHOD OF APPLICATION.
Application forms can be obtained ONLINE on payment of a non-refundable fee of N25,000.00 (Twenty five thousand naira only) made payable to “The University of Nigeria Postgraduate Application Fees Account at any bank within the country using the Remita platform.
Applicants should log on to www.unn.edu.ng and follow the procedures stated below:
- Click on UNN Portal or through this link unnportal.unn.edu.ng.
- Click on PG Application form to generate invoice for payment.
- Use your phone number to generate the invoice. You are advised to use a functional number to enable us reach you for the admission screening test.
- Proceed to any Bank with Remita platform for payment.
- Return to the UNN Portal with your payment confirmation pin from the Bank and follow the procedure for completing the form.
Candidates should download 3 copies of the referee report (Di) forms after completing preliminary and personal details online. Some details on the form would be inserted automatically with the information provided by the candidate online while the remaining information should be completed by the referee manually and returned to the candidate who will enclose it in sealed envelope for submission to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies or to the Principal Assistant Registrar, School of Postgraduate Studies Unit, Enugu Campus for all Enugu Campus based postgraduate programmes. Please note that applications will not be processed unless the referees reports are available.
Candidates should download transcript request form (D2) also provided online, and submit same to their former Universities/Institutions to forward, with a copy of their Academic transcript(s), to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka” to reach him/her not later than September 05. 2016. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on or before the deadline by the School will not have their application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Most information required would be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed. The printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka, for Nsukka based faculties. Candidates for Enugu based faculties are to submit their application forms by post or deliver them to: The PAR, School of Postgraduate Unit, University of Nigeria, Enugu Campus. For ease of reference, Enugu based faculties are: Business Administration; Environmental Studies; Law; Health Sciences & Technology; Medical Sciences; Institute for Development Studies (IDS), Centre for Environmental Management & Control (CEMAC) and Institute of Public Health . Candidates are advised to ensure that the following documents are enclosed in the file:
- NYSC Certificates (Discharge or Exemption or exclusion Certificate). Note that to whom it may concern shall not be accepted.
- Two copies of the Application Summary Form (D3) available online should be downloaded & printed:
- One copy of the printed Summary Form (D3) should be glued very neatly (NOT STAPLED) on a brown 10” X 15” envelope;
- The second copy of the printed Summary Form (D3) should be glued very neady (NOT STAPLED) on a white 9” X 13” fde Jacket;
- All accompanying documents should be placed in the file Jacket, specified in (b.ii) and the File Jacket should be placed in brown envelope specified in (b.i) above.
All documents must fit into the 10” X 15” envelope to be addressed and delivered to or sent by courier to “Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, University of Nigeria, Nsukka”, or to the Principal Assistant Registrar, School of Postgraduate Studies Unit, Enugu Campus for Enugu Campus-based postgraduate programme.
Application starts 19th May 2017 and closes on a date to be announced soon.
** IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS**
- All applicants will undergo computer based postgraduate admission screening test.
- Dates for the Screening Test will be communicated to candidates at least one week before the test.
- Note; For Ph.D degree programme, a candidate must obtain at least an acceptance letter from a journal certified by the University of Nigeria, Nsukka as a condition for graduation.