“The wise select their THINKING to create the feelings they desire, while others surrender to their FEELINGS to create the thinking they detest.” — Wale Oladipo
The greatest key to personal well-being is the ability to take charge of one’s thinking. It is a vital skill concerning emotional intelligence.
The thinking you permit determines the feelings you generate. Feelings are faithful employees of thoughts. It is like a car and the fuel. If you fill your car up with the right fuel, it performs positively and takes you to your destination. But if you put the wrong fuel in, the whole system goes wrong, creating more problems for you than you can imagine.
In the same way, feelings respond proportionately to the quality of one’s thinking. And this is crucial, simply because your feeling actually decides how well you are doing in life – and it all starts with your thinking habit.
If you allow your mind to focus on the negatives all day long, those negative thoughts will generate negative feelings that will sap your energy, contaminate your joy and dampen your hope.
But if you choose to focus on the positives, you will generate positive feelings that energize, sharpen your creativity and expand your hopes.
Man is what he thinks about all the time. You cannot be physically, emotionally or financially healthy beyond the healthiness of your thinking self.
Therefore, if you are passionate about changing the course of your life for total well-being and success, decide to change your ingrained thinking patterns and belief system. Challenge your cognitive distortions from the source and embrace positivity and optimism. Try the following tips to challenge your negative thinking from the foundation and grow a health mind destined for wellness and greater accomplishments.
15 Ways To Defeat Negative Thinking & Grow A Healthy Mind
- Develop an intensified present awareness of your thought-patterns. You cannot afford to be semi-conscious with your thought patterns, while you allow your life to drift into a destructive neurotic state. Become your own mind detective.
- Do not think with your feelings. Rather step back from a troubling situation, calm down and connect with your thinking brain, with a compelling sense of total self-awareness and optimism.
- Learn to turn your automatic negative thinking to positive immediately. Never permit a negative thought to have a final say in your mind. Change it straightaway to positive. Then continue to affirm this new positive statement until your mind accepts it as your new empowering belief.
- Refuse to always filter out all the positive elements in any situation you face.
- Avoid jumping to negative conclusions.
- Break your compulsive negative thinking habits. Do not allow your mind to have its full course thinking about a negativity.
- Resist giving greater weight to the worst possible outcome in your mind. Do not make a mountain out of a molehill.
- Flood your mind with positive messages – read and listen to motivational and inspirational messages.
- Hang out with friends who are positive, optimistic and possibility-driven.
- Believe that life is working for your good and not against you. See possibilities, not just problems.
- Resolve in your mind once and for all never to envy others. Envy pollutes your thoughts and corrupts the health of your mind.
- Immerse your mind in creative expressions. Find what you enjoy doing and engage your creative mind fully in it. Focus on expanding your creative mind. Your mind loses its ability to worry when its busy creating.
- Face your fear by taking positive actions towards your fear. Action kills fear. But inaction grows fear and negative thinking, which then leads to neuroticism.
- Awaken your spiritual self. The mind is part of spiritual entities of man. Some people are not aware of this. So they try to solve mind problems with physical means only. It does not really work. It takes the combination of cognitive and spiritual contemplations to balance the mind for health and productivity. Therefore spend time to pray often. Embrace silence and solitude for solemn tranquility and positive reflections. The mind needs it.
- See failures as feedback. Whether you like it or not, you will fail several times in life. But if you see failures as your feedback devices that help you to correct your courses for success, you will definitely save yourself from emotional turmoil, lost hours and depleted energy that worrying demands. Success is impossible without tons of failures along the way.
If you enjoy this article and desire to go deeper and in greater depth to rid yourself of all negativity of the mind and empower your mind for peace, health, effectiveness and success, you may want to consider downloading the Power Of Optimism. For anxiety panic disorders, you may want to download my free anxiety recovery manual, The Essential Guide To Anxiety Panic Recovery.